Men's Tennis Shoes
Purchasing men’s tennis shoes takes more thought than you might think. Wearing ill-fitting tennis shoes for men may cause injury and hinder your game.
Ten tips for purchasing men’s tennis shoes
1. Purchase tennis shoes for men from a specialized athletic shoe store where the staff is knowledgeable and they carry quality products.
2. Have your foot measured each time you purchase new men’s tennis shoes.
3. Bring your orthotics and/or the same socks you will be wearing with your men’s tennis shoes to ensure a proper fit.
4. The distance between the end of your longest toe and the end of your men’s tennis shoe should be the width of your index finger.
5. You heel should fit snugly and stay inside the shoes.
6. The best time to try on tennis shoes for men is in the afternoon when your feet are slightly swelled.
7. Try the shoes by walking around the store for a couple minutes.
8. A men’s tennis shoe should fit perfectly the minute you try them on.
9. Be sure the soles of tennis shoes for men, at the ball of your foot, are flexible for cushioning and arch support.
10. Replace your men’s tennis shoes once a year or after 45 to 60 hours of wear.