Women's Tennis Shoes
Selecting the proper women’s tennis shoe is very important as ill-fitting tennis shoes for women may cause injuries to your feet, back, legs, knees and ankles.
Ten important factors to consider when purchasing women’s tennis shoes
1. Purchase your shoes from a specialized athletic shoe store where the staff is knowledgeable about their products, and the tennis shoes for women are a quality product.
2. Have your foot measured each time you shop for new women’s tennis shoes. Your feet do change over the years, even in adulthood.
3. Bring the same socks you will be wearing with your women’s tennis shoes to ensure a proper fit. If you wear orthotics or inserts, bring those as well.
4. Check the distance between the end of your longest toe and the end of your women’s tennis shoe; it should be at least the width of your index finger.
5. You heel should not move in and out of the tennis shoe for women and fit snugly inside the shoes.
6. Shop for tennis shoes for women in the afternoon when your feet are slightly swelled.
7. Try on both the left and right shoe and walk around the entire store for a couple minutes.
8. A women’s tennis shoe should fit perfectly the minute you try them on without pinching or pain.
9. Be sure the soles of tennis shoes for women are flexible at the ball of your foot for arch support.
10. Replace your women’s tennis shoes once a year or after 45 to 60 hours of wear.