Tennis Racquet Review: Yonex VCORE Duel G Series
April 21st, 2016
by Do It Tennis
filed in Tennis Product Reviews, Tennis Racquet Reviews, Tennis String Review
Calling all tennis power hitters and those who want to crush the ball. The new Yonex VCore Duel G Series is here. The series is an upgrade to the VCore Tour tennis racquets. They are built especially for aggressive advanced players who like to unholster and fire from the baseline.
Yonex VCORE Duel G Series Specifications
The VCore Dual G series is now available in three versions for different play styles. All models are constructed with Tough G Fiber that adds more flex and repulsion in the shaft for a heavier spin for 4.5+ NRTP tennis players.
The 100 square-inch head size model is a bit lighter at strung weight of 11.1 ounces with a larger, slightly more forgiving sweet spot, a 315 swing weight and a 4pts head light balance.
There are two 97 square-inch head size models, both with 7 pts head light balance. The first 97 model is a 310 gram swing weight model at 10.9 ounces strung. The heavier duty 97 model is 330 grams swing weight, 11.6 ounces and slightly stiffer is your other choice.
All three models are a standard 27 inches in length and have a recommended string tension range of 50-65 pounds. They also all have the same 16 main by 20 cross string pattern.
Yonex Tennis Racquet Technology
Yonex racquets deliver technological advances including:
- Isometric Head Shape: Yonex has been using the squared design at the top of the racquet, increasing the sweet spot by more than 7%. Mishits are much more forgiving at the top of the frame, and creates the opportunity for extra headsize without sacrificing maneuverability.
- V-Core: This technology adds Microcore in the tops and sides of the frame, creating a high-density compound that increases stability and power.
- 3D Vector Shaft: Increases rigidity in the throat for unmatched precision.
- Tough G Fiber: A tough stubborn material located in the midsection of the racquet to apply more flex.
- Lock Booster System: A system that puts the strings tighter together towards the top of the frame to give more spin.
Yonex is The Choice of Pro Tennis Players
Several top-ranked tennis professionals have completed their own tennis racquet review and Yonex is the pick.
ATP star and power-hitter Stan Wawrinka plays with a version of the Yonex VCORE Duel G. Wawrinka is joined on the Yonex team by 20 year old Australian up-and-comer, Nick Kyrgios. Kyrgois is ranked 20th following his ride to the semifinals at the Miami Open earlier in April.
On the women’s side, WTA #3 ranked and 2016 Australian Open singles champ Angelique Kerber plays with Yonex VCORE racquets. WTA pro and San Diego County, California resident CoCo Vandeweghe also plays with a Yonex racquet.
Want More on the Vcore Dual G or Do a Play Test?
Contact our tennis racquet specialists at (866) 900-3648 with any questions or a chance to play test this racquet.
What’s Your View?
Have you ever been on the receiving end of an aggressive ball crusher on the tennis court? How did you fight back?
Join Do It Tennis in the conversation on Facebook or Twitter